Are you fretting for ideas how to end this year with a bang? Want to make this Christmas a special day for your family or friends? Then here are some amazing tips to be the most favorite host for the evening.
Create a Christmas Hamper:
- Get a wicker basket from a nearby supermarket or you can easily get it online.
- Now bring in jars of different sizes and colors and fill it up with the cookies, candies, munchies and some jams or jellies. Wrap it up with satin ribbons and cellophanes.
- Keep them aside in the basket.
- Now arrange the beddings for the basket with soft hand-towel or colorful cloth piece or shredded colored paper and glitters. Now hide the exclusive gifts beneath these beddings and jars.
- Now pick your favorite wine bottle and tie a colorful cellophane at the neck of the bottle and arrange it in the corner of the basket.
- Now rush and write a personalized handmade card. Be real and be you while you write to add your special touch and tell them how grateful you are to have them in your life.
- Now decorate the basket with colored cellophanes, ribbons or flowers. Additionally, get your hair-dryer and blast hot air at medium tempo to the shrink paper to make your cellophane taut
Serve the best treats
Since you are inviting over your loved ones, you might be having a fair idea of their taste. Use this to your advantage. However, if you are unsure, below ideas might help.
For couples: Bring in some heart shaped chocolate truffle or red velvet Florentine or you can go for chocolate cupcake preparation kit for couple who love to bake together. Add red wine to go with the theme.
For friends: There cannot be anything better than Booze cruise for your pals. Get some fascinating Turkish delight vodka or go for wine in mulling syrup. Cidar can be a great choice too. You can even get experimental and try serving limoncello with a freshly minced slice of oranges, cinnamon, and other aromatic spices. You can also offer chicken breasts or chicken wings.
For younger ones: If the kids are coming over, then go for a cheesy treat. Bread cheesy pizzas to easy French cheese toast or an apple tart. Kids have the most spread-out choice. You can also whip up some hot chocolate Oreo shake with marshmallows or go for spiced beetroot with interesting orange and tomato chutney.
- If you don’t want to drill a hole in your pocket, then Spain based wines are your safest bet for offering great quality at reasonable rate.
- If you want to splurge and spoil your guest, then pick Loxarel 109 Gran Reserva 2002. Its limited production adds to its exclusives plus who would say No a colossal sparkling wine from DO Penedes.
- However, if you want to stay in between the two extremes and are not sure about their taste, than go for long aged from Rioja or Ribera del Duero like Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva 2005 or Pesquera Reserva. You can even try Especial 2003.
While gifting wine always remember to pick a magnum bottle (1.5 ltrs) and if you are not sure if they would like your choice of wine then scribble a handwritten note telling them why you chose that for them. It shows your consideration.
Early planning is the key to your perfect evening. So, start today and celebrate togetherness.