Know LV Like never before
“I don’t put cash in my Louis Vuitton wallet. I have it thrown around my bag – just a whole bunch of hundreds, maybe $5,000.” -Nicki Minaj
A brand is not a product, it is an idea. With products from leading brands like Louis Vuitton, you can be rest assured about the quality. It is always a good idea to know a little about a brand before buying its products. When you know the efforts that went into creating the brand equity, every penny that you shell out to own its products will start making sense.
After knowing these eleven pointers, you will start appreciating the brand like never before. Whether you are planning to buy original a fake LV bags and purses, you should know the following:
Interesting facts about LV
- Louis Vuitton started a luxury brand with the same name around 150 years ago
- He was born on August 4, 1821, in Anchay, a small settlement in the east of France to Mr. Xavier Vuitton, who was a farmer by profession and Mrs. Coronne Gaillard who had an untimely death when Louis was only 10 years old.
- At the age of 13, he was weary of outmoded life and also of his strict stepmother, so he left home for Paris. The journey was 292 miles long which took him two years to complete on foot. He carried odd jobs to support himself during the journey.
- He arrived in Paris in 1837, and began his career as an apprentice at box making and packing workshop. Within few years he was known to be the best in his trade.
- He got lucky when in 1853, the Empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo – the wife of Napoleon Bonaparte appointed him as the personal box-maker and packer. This opened doors for a new market segment for the rich and the famous.
- In 1854 he married Clemence-Emilie Parriaux who was 17 years old then. Soon after that he left his job and opened his own box making and packaging workshop. It had an interesting sign board that read “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions”. He created the trunks which was hard-wearing and waterproof by using canvas instead of leather.
- After four years he manufactured an innovative rectangular shaped trunk. As by that time, traveling by train was gaining momentum, so he banked upon the opportunity and penetrated into the market.
- Vuitton’s workshop was looted and destroyed during the Franco-Prussian War, which lasted from 1870-71. But, it did not curb his spirits. He went on and launched another shop in an aristocratic area of central Paris.
- He worked till he breathed his last on February 27, 1892, at the age of 72. His son, Georges Vuitton, took over his empire from there on.
- The brand has created a strong celebrity liking under Jacobs’ direction and many famous models and film-stars, such as: Angelina Jolie, Sean Connery, Bono, Catherine Deneuve and Keith Richards have been the brand ambassador of Louis Vuitton.
- In 2012, Louis Vuitton won the label of ‘world’s most valuable luxury brand for the seventh year in a row’
If you are already inspired to buy products of this brand, but your bank statement says otherwise, you can consider opting for cheap Louis Vuitton handbags, which are an exact replica of the original ones.